Monday, October 29, 2012

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES.

Yes, that's right, I'm regressing back to Middle English in order to make a point that there is a storm a-brewing around here. And for those of us on the East Coast, we all know exactly what I'm talking about - Hurricane Sandy.

Granted, I live in Ohio, so I probably won't get any of the enormous waves (otherwise we're all in big trouble), but we are expected to get high winds, heavy rains, and maybe even snow. SNOW. On Trick-Or-Treat night, of all times!

And immediately, it made me wonder: What about those little kids? Are they going to be blown away for the innocent desire of wanting to go house to house and take candy from strangers? It was one of my favorite parts of Halloween as a kid, running around in some ridiculous costume and getting  free candy. But what about the kids this year? What if this was your first Trick-Or-Treat? We're supposed to have high winds, maybe even snow, definitely some rain. Small children will be blowing all over my neighborhood.

Imagine being a toddle-y six-year-old dressed as a ghost, minding your own business and having a nice time as you're bundled up by your mom and dad and you're all set to get as much candy as you can. Then the second you step out into the main drag of the neighborhood you're in, WHOOSH, you're knocked over backwards and pushed down the sidewalk as gusts take your sixty-pound self down the street like a piece of newspaper.

Would some children develop a phobia of Trick-or-Treat Night, I wonder?

So to everyone on the East Coast, please stay safe as Sandy approaches, I already know some people who have lost power. Stay safe and stay warm!

Hurricane winds and driving rains,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your genius here.