Friday, May 24, 2013

DESPICABLE ME 2 THO.

As it is almost summer and my hardcore weeks of school cramming and exam study are nearing their end, I thought I'd talk about something that I'm really excited for and haven't had time until now to really get back into:

Movies.

Movies are not only a writer's bread and butter, (and a great way to numb an exhausted brain), but they're a great way to see a story through a different outlet. Not to mention most of my friends and I are super-excited for movies like Epic, Despicable Me 2, Monsters University, and other less-than-adolescent movies. Haters gonna hate.

But other exciting movies that authors in the YA scene are both excited and anxious for are movies like Divergent, The Mortal Instruments, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

It's every author's dream to have their book become a movie, to have the characters in their head come alive. But if it's not done well, it's not even worth it. A bad movie will not only condemn the book, but it'll ruin the image of the character to the reader. If The Artist somehow became a movie and it was terrible, it'd be as bad as killing my characters in front of me.

But on a lighter note, the movies that are set to come out this summer promise to be awesome, and I'm excited to be able to take a break from the heat waves sure to come and watch some cinematic awesome while stuffing my face with popcorn.

Wishing you a summer of epic proportions,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your genius here.