Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Witty Wednesdays: Cringeworthy

Last night, I sat out at a bonfire until one in the morning with some old friends. We went through old pictures of ourselves on Facebook that we'd posted four, five, six years ago. And we had completely forgotten how horridly awkward we all were. Everyone was different- new hair, better clothes, no braces, better complexions. It reminded me not only that I have come a long way from being the gangly, awkward, Pillsbury-dough-boy-complexioned preteen that first started this writing journey. I still may be awkward (and arguably fair-skinned), but I've transformed. I have made my way through the various rites of passage to where I am now. Everyone has theirs- the Ugg boots phase, the 'wearing jeans is dressed up, right? ' phase...I could go on.

What's the moral of this story? It gets better. Two sets of braces, one full round of puberty, and a better fashion sense later, I no longer look like a cave dweller. If you're trying to change, it's totally doable. Promise.

What are your rites of passage? Got any awkward stories or photos to share? Let me know in the comments or tweet me at @themoorewriter . I'd love to know I'm not alone!

Pimples and random growth spurts,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your genius here.